Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Good news
This feels like a monumental post for me. I have been very stressed and worried about this delivery. I wanted to do what's called a V-bac which means a vaginal birth after a cesarian. There are increased risks with this type of delivery as opposed to just doing another c-section, but if you know about my previous birthing experience, you may understand why the benefits like a faster recovery and better pain management would appeal to me. What I really did not want to have happen was a repeat of last time. I didnt want to labor for hours and hours and then end up with an emergency c-section anyway. I've been worried and stressed that since Charlie was late, I would end up getting induced or having another c-section. Being a therapist and working with disabled children and knowing about all of the problems that baby's can be born with or things that happen in deliverys (and thanks to some very un-helpful people who like to tell you about still-born children that were fine up until their due date..) I was worrying about alot of things- mostly the unknown. About July 9 I had a dream that I was blogging and writing that everything had gone well and that I was so happy. This was the first time it had occured to me that maybe things would work out the way I wanted. I clung to this hope and am so extremely happy to report that it's true- Everything went well, I have a healthy baby boy and I am so darn happy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Charlie is so cute - a great addition to the family! yipee!
can't wait to hold him and talk to jack about him. will come over as soon as my cold is gone!
much love to you all -
Post a Comment