Monday, September 29, 2008

Charlie's Blessing


This is a post to celebrate Charlie's special blessing day. September 7, Adam blessed Charlie at our sacrament meeting. I am so grateful that Adam holds the priesthood and can bless our family when we need help and perform these important ordinances. Adam gave Charlie his name Charliue Paul Evans. His middle name, Paul is named after both Adam and my Grandpas who have passed away- we figured that would be a good way to honor them both. Adam then blessed Charlie with health and was told he would be a support to his family. Charlie was promised that if he actively seeks out righteous things, he will be blessed greatly. As my sister Laura said, this is not only true for Charlie, but true for everyone. As we seek righteousness, our lives will become more meaningful. Charlie has brought more meaning into our family and my life. He is so special and has started rewarding us with smiles this month. I love it! He coos and smiles when we smile, but if we make a sad face or pretend to cry, he starts bawling. I guess he's pretty sensitive... I think that will make some girl very happy someday. Charlie was also blessed that he will marry a beautiful girl- I think that means both inside and out. I'll have to remember this to tell my daughter-in-law someday. Whoa.. that was a weird thought. I rarely can see what life will be like beyond this week, much less 20+ years in the future- kind of fun :).


All smiles!!

No comments: