My last post was kind of a downer, so I deleted it; and although I do want to keep this blog "real," maybe I don't need to be that real. I'm feeling much better today and am able to look at the bright side. I guess maybe this is the problem with using a blog instead of a journal to document ones life. On sunday I was thinking that I should take the advice I've dished out for years- (isn't that always the hardest advice to take, ones own?) On my mission I learned the power of writing gratitude lists or keeping a gratitude journal. It helps keep your mind on what's right in your life and helps you identify Gods hand. So here goes.
I am grateful for:
My amazing husband who supports me no matter what
Jackson's excitement over bugs and bikes and dirt
Charlie is learning to sign more, and he uses it all the time
Three sets of grandparents to love and spoil my boys
My sister who is my best friend and a huge support to me and for her example of Christlike living
I am greatful for our home, that we have lots of room and that we can personalize it
that Adam can crank up his home theatre as loud as he wants in this house
our new fire pit and all the work Adam has put in on it
I am grateful I have an education and a job that will support us well during this time so that we don't go into alot of debt
Memories of good friends and family that we don't get to see anymore
Friends that we are able to see and who make our lives happier
Parents and In-laws who are willing to watch the boys and give us much needed breaks
My big bathtub
Adam's tickles
Charlies giggles
Jackson makes me feel so special when he calls me "princess Mommy"
I am grateful for the stars
trees
spring flowers
warm sunshine
a strong body that can birth children and finish triathlons
a husband that is really good wih babies and wakes up in the middle of the night with them
Four Grandparents who are still alive and very much a blessing in our lives
Doctors and treatments that we have today to keep us living longer healthier lives
that I have a flexible job and I can set up my own schedule
for the opportunity to serve people in my job and really make a difference in their quality of life
that I have a relatively easy church calling so I can juggle the other important things in my life
I am grateful to be a mother and to be part of such an amazing group of women
I am grateful to be a member of the gospel and to know whereI can turn for peace
for the opportunity I had to be a missionary
that Adam is in his play right now and has a creative outlet
that Charlie is sleeping through the night most of the time (and Jack to)
that Jack is potty trained and for his cuteness as he calls down the stairs, "I need somebunny to wipe my bum bum"
I'm feeling much better already- why didn't I think of this sooner? Gratitude is a wonderful thing.
7 comments:
I loved your gratitude list, Becky! Way to be positive. A great reminder that we all have many, many things to be positive about!
thanks for the reminder. and i want to be taken off the list of "friend we use to see" and put on the friends and family we "always" see. love you guys! keep hangin'!
That's a great list. Thanks for sharing.
This is a really good list Becky! There are many things that we can be grateful for in this world...even when things get hard. Thanks for reminding me of that.
becky! i just found your wonderful blog. what a beautiful entry. thank you!
Ah girl, I miss you! It just had to be said:)
Beautiful!
Post a Comment