
Charlie and his Daddy had matching ghotees.
Charlie loves birthday cake
The birthday boy
Jack helping make the cake-My baby turned one! We had Charlie's first birthday party and enjoyed some good visits with friends and family. Jack insisted that we make Charlie a "Land Before Time" cake. I searched on the internet for cakes and looked up how much they cost at Albertsons and Dicks. They were about $40/ I also looked at buying Land Before time figuirines on ebay and paying to ship them overnight... In the end I decided to just paint the cake with different colors of icing and put some plastic dinosaurs on top. It was plenty for Jack and he thought it was great. He was plenty happy. Sometimes I think we Moms think that we have to do all these things and make elaborate plans and parties, but kids are just as happy with colored frosting and a cupcake.
I also noticed how different I was with this first birthday than with Jack's. On Jack's first birthday, I made him a sugar-free cake out of raisins, carrots, and wheat-germ. We limited guests so as not to overwhelm our sweet sweet. This year, we threw all that out the window and said, "Bring on the chocolate cake and ice cream and let's party!"
2 comments:
I say BRING ON THE SUGAR.
Sugar on your birthday is a gift.
Happy birthday Charlie!
Post a Comment