Before

So ever since we moved in, Ive wanted to do something to update our kitchen. Especially the cabinets. Adam put in undercabinet lighting and overcabinet lighting, but this week, we decided to break out the black paint. Adam added crown molding and base moldings. What a job, but I think it helped alot. Our cabinets look new and modern- why didn't we do this earlier? Oh yeah, because of black paint everywhere and our little painter Jackman. Thanks to Grandma though, we got rid of him for a day and safely painted just the cabinets and not everything else in the room. When I mentioned to some of the Elderly ladies I work with that we were painting our cabinets black, they gave me that disgusted look and said, "Why would you do such a thing? Kitchens are supposed to be light." Is it modern or did we go too bold? What do you think?
13 comments:
Nah I like it Becky. It looks modern and great.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!! Can I hire you guys to come do mine?!?!
Love it!!! We did our cupboards black shortly after we moved in 2 years ago, and I haven't ever regretted it! Way to go!
I like it! That might be something I may do with my kitchen. (when I get a decent kitchen anyway!) I'll figure something out for mine. I should post pics and let other people decide for me!! Love you new kitchen though!
It looks great! I did that about 6 months ago and we LOVE it! It really makes the place look so much better... way to go! (That is A LOT of work)
I love it! I say seize the 'modern day.' That's the great thing about pain anyway - you can always paint over it later. I think it looks great!
I say sometimes to go modern, you have to be bold!! It looks great Becks! I'm a HUGE fan of crown molding.
Amazing how the paint on your walls looks SOO light now! I love the under cabinet lighting and the crown molding. Way to go. I can't wait to see it in person! :)
I think you guys did a great job! I love the modern look - wish we were as handy with the home improvement stuff as you are! Where were you when I was painting my living room to look like the Ronald McDonald house?? Oh WAIT... ;)
you should hire out to "Sell this House"! Great Job.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it and want to come see it! I hate the cabinets in our new house and would love to update them! I'll be calling...
Thanks everybody. You are so nice to us!
THat looks incredible. I really like the crown molding on top and the lighting under. Fantastic.
Post a Comment