Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Fireworks of Fall

"They say that autumn in New England is the greatest of them all, but give me sweet Virginia for the fireworks of fall."
We have been loving the Virginia Fall. I drive around all day and if I can get the pictures of my cell phone, I will post some of the beautiful streets and scenery I've seen. We went on a hike up to Philpott Lake. It was actually a branch hike but there were only three other people besides us. Charlie was a trouper in the backpack. The colors just keep getting better. The reds are like flourescent red and the yellows and orange. They started at the end of September and we still have leaves, some haven't even changed yet. The only drawback to all the leaves is that we have to rake them up. Adam bought a leaf blower and it sucks up the leaves and pulverises them so that more will fit in each bag but he's still spent hours on the front yard and hasn't even started on our 'park-like" back yard. :) Jack loves the leaf piles and after Becky educated him on the true leaf-jumping technique, he did great!! Becky and Jack would hold hands and run and jump when Jack said, "Now." These are memories I hope to treasure for a long time.



















































5 comments:

Maricela said...

What beautiful scenery! The pictures are beautiful...my favorite is the last one of you on the swing/

Chelsea said...

Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing. Looks like a beautiful hike!

JacksGram said...

Wow Those are really great pictures! I especially love the one of Jack buried in the leaves. What wonderful memories.. Wish we could be there to see them but thanks for posting the pictures.

RaShawn said...

Very pretty!

coriconnors said...

What wonderful memories you will all have. I still go hurling back to my childhood in Pennsylvania when I kick up leaves and smell them mulching into the earth. Enjoy and embrace.
How is work going? You guys doing OK? We sure miss you!