Saturday, March 13, 2010

weight lost and new calling gained

It's been one week since we started Isagenix and Adam and I have both lost 5 pounds. He lost 8 inches and I lost 15.5!!! Including 3 on my waist! We cheated a little because we went out on a date on our cleanse day and ended up going out to eat. But even so, if we keep it up we'll be 20 pounds lighter in a month. :) The best part is that after not running since my last triathlon last summer, I went running twice for an hour each and I felt good and had plenty of energy! I'm not going to turn this into a weight loss blog but I just thought you might be interested.

Other new info, I got a new calling. I am the new Young Womens President! I have 6 young women and called 2 counselors. We had our first young womens meeting and planned out some fun activities for the next 2 months. I've been in Primary a few times and Relief Society but this is my first time with young women since I was one. In some ways I don't feel that much older than them. After mutual everyone lbegan to eave and noone locked up the building. Someone said, "Oh yeah, that's your job..." It was a weird feeling, I felt like, "but I'm a kid, the adults are the ones who are responsible and lock the building up..." Like Laura says about her new social work job, "I'm not sure I'm big enough for this job." At least I have the promise that the Lord strengthens whom He calls.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Nice work! By the way, when was your header picture taken? Charlie looks younger there... where were you guys? It's pretty!