Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Yellow Cars

(see if you can spot the camoflauged bumble bee- the bees here are HUGE)


I was warned that in the East, there is a month or two where everyone's cars turn yellow with pollen and you can wash and wash your car, but within i few minutes it will be yellow again. This morning, we came out to yellow pollen dust all over our cars. Spring Has Arrived! I love spring and have really enjoyed watching everything bloom. I planted some purple potatoes 2 weeks ago and they are already high enough that I had to cover them up again. We had the most beautiful fields of daffodills. The parking medians are chocked full of daffodills and everything is just yellow and happy. We have tulips that are looking great and bright pink bushes in the yard that I don't even know what they are called. It's been 80-90 degrees and humid. Our swamp coolers have been running and our fans, but it is still hot. We are thinking we may have to find a new place with central air, because it's only April and we are dying! The flower petals at the church were magical and fell on us like snow in between conference sessions. I love spring and the renewal and hope it brings. Life just seems better in the spring. (I do feel a little guilty about posting this because of my family back in Utah who had to hunt Easter Eggs in the snow :( I hope spring makes it that way next.)




















1 comment:

JacksGram said...

Beautiful pictures, darling boys and gorgeous girls!!! I am blessed!
Luv you,
mom