Friday, July 23, 2010
Girls Camp
While the kids were gone, Adam and I went to girls camp with the girls in our branch. At the last minute we added 2 investigators who did awesome. They fell right in and made lots of friends and looked like they totally belonged.
Here's me walking across a rope as part of the ropes course. This scared me silly! But since I'm a leader, I had to pretend to be brave and hurry so that we could get back to the campfire. It was so high and the rope so wiggly, all I could do is focus on some branches in the distance and keep telling myself just keep moving, just keep moving...
Climbing a rock wall. My belayer dropped me like 5 or 6 feet and then I lost my trust... I guess I need more practice on this one.
I was in charge of the first year campers and I taught the girls the "All the Mormon Ladies" complete with dance sequence... yea, we are so awesome. The girls braded my hair into about 50 little braids and when the branch president came up, he didn't even recognize me.
Our cute Brittany who was a YC (Youth counselor) who just got baptised last fall.
Alyssa is in our branch and was in my group- the first years. We won the cleanest camper awards, the early to bed award and the first to the flagpole awards. We were called the powder Monkeys. Our camp theme was pirates seeking after hidden treasures.
Macayla and Megan standing in a line to state their title as Daughter of God.
One of our first years, Karly dug herself a whole at the swimming lake.
Alyssa and Barry Moxley taking in the view of the hike.
Adam got to be a Mountain Goat and help all the girls climb over the boulders. I fell in love with him back in 2003 when he took me hiking down in Saint George. He is so sweet and helpful. He was a great addition to the girls camp. He had to stay up late giving homesick girls Priesthood blessings. It's a good thing he's so prepared and that he honors his priesthood so well. It rained the first 2 days and the girls had trouble getting their camp-fires started until Adam brought out the blow torch. Then the girls insisted that we roast smores on the blowtorch. Talk about toxins, that can't be healthy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love that shot of Adam on the cliff.
Post a Comment