Sunday, August 22, 2010

What's the going rate for the toothfairy?

My first baby boy lost his first tooth last weekend. He has told us that his tooth was wiggly for a few weeks now but we told him no it couldn't be, "You're only four and you're not supposed to lose your teeth until you are like six or seven." Last Saturday we were eating all you can eat sushi/ seafood and Jack set his corn down and smiled at me like this:

He lost his first tooth and probably swallowed it because we were not able to find it among all the sushi roll rice on the floor. We explained to him about the tooth fairy and he was very excited. We weren't so sure what the going rate was for the toothfairy but we figured since Jack loves money he wouldn't be too picky. When I was little the toothfairy gave us a quarter I think, but with inflation she now pays $1.50. One down, 19 more to go... He sure looks cute with his toothless smile.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I got 20c and 50c if it was a biggie.
Looks like times have changed.

cari said...

We did $1 for Ethan, unless she forgot and then we paid intrest.

Laura said...

You and Robby both seem to think that the Tooth Fairy was cheap. I distinctly remember getting a dollar for each of my pearly whites. I'm pretty sure that she wouldn't pay you guys less than she did me.

Becky said...

Robby wrote:
"We got a quarter. Lis got $1 when she was little, but her niece just got an iPod.... So inflation must be bad. Or the toothfairy is being subsidized."