Monday, September 8, 2008

"Hair Today... Goone Tomorrow"

..."The good fairy to Little Bunny Foo Foo"

I've decided it runs in my family to be a little crazy, a little spontaneous, a little OCD and a little encouragable. When someone talks about something they had for dinner, it makes me want to go try hungry for it. When I find out where someone got a way cute shirt or shoes, I can't wait until I can go shopping and find one in my size. If I see a cute craft, I need to try it.

At work, a friend started talking to me about donating her hair and she told me that at Pantene Beautiful Locks, all of their hair goes directly to making wigs for the cancer patients, where companies like Locks of Love, (where I donated 3 years ago) sells alot of their hair to pay for overhead costs. She said it takes 6 poneytails to make one wig. I looked it up and they only need eight inches of hair rather than ten or twelve. This info combined with the fact that one of my best friends Mandy was told she had a week to pack and get ready to move her family to Alaska and I wanted to get some last minute visiting in, So I decided to go get my haircut and donate it.


I tried to find a pre and post picture, but I noticed all my pictures lately have been poneytails, partly because of laziness, and partly because I have two kids now. I don't want to give up asecond of precious sleep. here I am getting my cut at The Brass Comb in Farmington. When I had measured 8 inches it had been to the top of my shoulders, but she just kept cutting and cutting... but it turned out cute and I think Ruth did a good job.

Here's Mandy and Me. I'm holding up my little baggie with my poneytails of hair to be mailed in. They look like several small dead rats, actually more like guinnea pigs.

So now I suppose I am joining the world of short-haired moms. My Grandma said it makes me look more "mature" My sister says thats what girls do when the're unavailable. We use our long hair to attract the men and then once we're married or have a baby, we chop it off as a signal to everyone that we're taken. I've always looked at the cute girls in church with short modern styles and thought how stylish they look but I've consoled myself that I would never want to be forced to do my hair everyday and it is just so easy to put it in a poneytail that it's not worth looking thoroughly modern. But as I explained these things to my hairdresser, she kept thinning my hair and thinning it so I wouldn't be triangle head and whala- On saturday, I let my hair dry curly, put a little baret in and I got compliments on the curliness! Yeah- I have short stylish hair that doesn't require a daily blowdrying, Charlie can't grab it, and Jack won't accidentally kneel on it... I could get used to this...

8 comments:

Charlotte said...

It looks OSOSOSOOO cute! I love it! It's a big step, no? I'm in the process of growing mine back out after donating a year ago...

TyandMar said...

Cute! I just cut my hair too a couple of weeks ago!! Ha ha, I guess it really is a mom thing to do. Have a baby, cut your hair!! Ty and I need to come by and see you guys. We'll come by on a walk soon!!

auntie libby said...

i love, love, love your hair. mature is not the word i would use...more like classy and sophisticated, one sharp gal! and by the way....i can not believe i missed charlie's blessing. dang i am so mad at myself. saw your mom on friday and she mentioned it and then - well - no excuse i forgot. dang. please forgive this old fool. and by the way - we are all thinking of the fair tuesday night. r u game?

Unknown said...

I think your hair looks fabulous! I thought so when I saw you on Saturday and Sunday. But, I never get my thoughts out of my head to say anything about it. Sorry! You do look great though. Very nice cut for you!

Ali Jones said...

It looks so cute. I wish we could have gone with you to Flaming Gorge, it looks like you had so much fun! We would have loved to be there.

Laura said...

Your hair does look beautiful! I'm still thinking about cutting my hair. Every time I see it, I think about it more.

Beth said...

Very cute hairsytle. It looks great on you. Easy to handle too!

Amanda said...

That was so fun! We'll get together again before we take off. love you!