

OK friends (and Mom) who are more domestic than me, I need some help figuring out what is this rogue squash that I let grow on its own. It has funky leaves that are different from a pumpkins. They started out yellow and smooth and then got bright orange and hard. When we tried to open a bright orange one up, it about broke the knife and was very green inside. Its seeds look kind of like pumpkin seeds. The skin seemed kind of soft at first but now it's kind of difficult to stick your fingernail in, but not hard as a rock like a gord...
Also, once we figure it out, if anyone has any squash receipes or ways to cook it. All I know how to do is bake it with butter and salt and pepper.

That's one mean squash...

The Prize: whoever can name this squash may have their very own squash or squash cake or whatever I figure out how to make. :)
2 comments:
I've gotten a few emailed comments and noone seems to know what this squash is. Grandma Julie thinks its a pumpkin hybrid and is only good for decorating. Alison says eat the seeds... I guess I'll give it more time and then see if it gets easier to cut...
I looks like a pumpkin from the outside, I would give it more time. They might be fun to carve or paint!
Post a Comment