Wednesday, November 5, 2008

In Honor of Pumpkin- She's coming home today!


This post is to honor one of my best friends who I call Pumpkin. She took these pictures of Charlie and has been such a great supportive friend even when my happiness of being pregnant and having Charlie only reminded her of her trials with infertility. I was so excited for her when she found out (last month) that there was a possible birth mother waiting for her. She and her husband have been married for 7 years and are one of the most devoted, loving, funny couples that I know. Pumpkin loves her nieces and nephews and her friends' children unconditionally. I know it must have been hard on her because she has mentioned feeling like everyone around her was pregnant, even some teenagers who didn't really want to be. Pumpkin is flying home today with her brand new baby boy and I couldn't be happier for her. It makes me giddy inside and I just think about it and smile. She is going to be the best Mommy ever! Pumpkin has been so respectful and positive about her birth mothers circumstances, thinking of small thoughtful gifts and ways to show her love and support that would never have occurred to me. Pumpkin, you are so on-top of things. You are such a great example to me. Thank you!

It's so fun that your baby will have an October birthday, since, after all, it is your month- the month of the pumpkin. I'll look forward to lots of fun pumpkin-themed birthday parties...

Pumpkin and blurry-faced Charlie









I LOVE YOU GUYS!

8 comments:

Ali Jones said...

Becky, we'd love to see you. This weekend would be great! Actually we are thinking of going swimming Friday night if you guys would like to join us. We'd love to se eya!

Melissa said...

Love the pic's and wish you friend all the luck in the world.

Leisa said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm glad you found me. I LOVE blogging! Your posts are so cute...and yes, I do get what you were talking about when you posted the side note about how much work it takes to "have fun" and "make memories". But when your kids get older and start looking forward to certain family traditions, it's all worth the work!!

Juliann said...

Wow! How exciting for your friend. Love those pictures of Charlie! I seriously think he is one of the most beautiful babies I have EVER seen. EVER!!

Laura said...

AW!! So sweet. I dont' know Pumpkin but I am very happy for her.

(I already have my Twilight tickets AND shirt. I am going with my sis-in-law and some of her friends and her sis-in-law. It would be fun to see you and you kids too. I need your e-mail. I have started running and I am in my first week of training so you should start too!)

Maricela said...

This post is sweet Becky. I am happy for your friend and the opportunities that Heavenly Father creates for us when we are faithful and keep a positive attitude.

I need your email too! I have my Twilight ticket already. When are you going to come hang out?

RaShawn said...

How wonderful for your friend!

Lisa said...

Charlie is adorable!