Monday, January 19, 2009

Grateful for Nor Dobs


I've been thinking about nor dobs. Don't we all have a few noor dobs in our life? A few things that we do differently that maybe others don't appreciate or consider us weird. I think that these differences are what make people interesting to me. My mom used to say that, "Nobody likes a perfect person but we like people because of their imperfections." I know I like to be around people who lift me up but not if they pretend they are perfect. I'm grateful for Adam's quircky home theatre passion, that Charlie reads our emotions and mimicks them exactly and of course I am grateful for Jack's nor dobs.

At Jack's pre-school they do projects and hang them up on bulletin boards. At Thanksgiving, they made turkeys and they all had written on them what the child was grateful for. All the other turkeys said, "Joe is thankful for his family (or parents)." Here is Jacks.

It says, "Jackson E is thankful for "transformers." I'm so proud of Jack for not going with the crowd and for being his own person. It makes me happy that he is an individual and he's confident enough to be himself. He had adjusted so well to his preschool and is so close to being totally potty trained. Yeah!
So maybe we should all give each other a break and rather than chastise each other for being different, why not sit back, relax and embrace each other for who we are?

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I love that last picture.

Sally Wood said...

Very well said, I love that post! You are a great writer, you should write a book!

RaShawn said...

Good reminder thanks.

Laura said...

That video is the cutest thing ever. I love you guys so much!

Laura said...

I don't remember Mom ever saying that.

Becky said...

I don't know but she said that to me alot. Maybe you didn't fail at trying to be perfect like I always did.

Laura said...

I guess so. I probably was perfect. :)