Why does a person willingly submit to pain? The burning in the lungs, the pulsing muscles in the legs, the feet that feel like lead and the heart that wants to jump out of your chest? But we do it. We pay big entrance fees and put ourselves through things to see if we can. I think I feel I need to prove it to myself that I am still an athlete. That after two children, college and career, I still can be competitive and I can finish what I start. I do like the goal of achieving higher fitness levels and losing weight in the process but I think my main motivation is just to prove it to myself that I can do it. I competed in this years Women of Steel which was a great race. My entrance fee was all donated to charity, there were no men to pass me on the bike leg, and they gave out chocolate and necklaces at the finish line. What girl doesn't like chocolate and
jewelry?


My awesome family came out to support me. Thanks guys!

I think if it were up to me I would rather swim for forty minutes and run for three rather than the other way around- I wonder how many people would sign up for that triathlon.....?

On my new road bike- It's so much faster than my old mountain bike- I especially like the downhill stretch
The race for The Cure- My mom got to wear a pink survivor shirt- yeah Mom!


I came prepared to race but there were so many thousands of people there that we really couldn't do anything but walk, especially with the double jogger. Jack actually jogged the last 2 miles with Laura though, in his new super fast running shoes. Yup, he's the man! Jack was funny because he really wanted to win a trophy and when he ran through the finish line but other people were walking, he got really annoyed with them for not racing him and he was a little
disappointed that he didn't win. He didn't
believe us when we told him he did.

Here is our gang except for Adam who's taking the picture.
8 comments:
Way to go - if any girl I know is a Woman of Steel it is YOU!! Looks like it was a beautiful day and a fun race:) Congrats to your family, esp. your mom, on race for the cure!
You are so awesome to do those events!! The fee is what stops me a lot, but I just need to pay it, because I love doing them! (in a crazy way!)
That was Maryann, not Ty. :)
Wow!! Congratulations on your accomplishment. I am happy for you.
Congrats Becky! You are so awesome!
YAY BECKY!!! Love it! I've been waiting for you to blog about this! It was inspiring to read and see the pictures. Makes me excited for mine this weekend!! Great job!
that's awesome. Great job!
Yay for all of you!!
Post a Comment