Friday, April 2, 2010

After almost 30 years, I have finally received my pay back

My friend Alison recently asked if Charlie has been painting any walls blue, the answer... not exactly.


My Mom likes to tell stories and one of her favorites is the time they were camping at the Greys in the tent trailor and on one of the first days camping, she laid us kids down for a nap. (It might have been just me because I was very young.) When she came to get me I had taken my poopy diaper and painted the trailor. She said she was so dismayed at the thought of cleaning up that mess with no hot water, in the wilderness, in the heat of the first week of August and just decided to pack up and go home and that was the end of the trip! She has often reminded me of this sacrifice and told me just to wait, that I'd get mine...


Today I took a 2 hour break to watch the boys while Adam had to take a test. Charlie was in bed and Jack was finishing a movie. Soon after I arrived, I heard Charlie cry and went upstairs to this....
It was dry and crusty and nasty! Jack did this when he was little, but I think Charlie is more artistic and thorough. It was on every single bar, on the floor, in his hair, all over his face. I stopped to document as the blogger in me demanded, I quickly reviewed my budget to determine if I could justify just chucking it out and moving Charlie to his big boy bed. After all, the next baby (especially if it's a girl) doesn't want to deal with crappy hand-me-downs. :) There was a dry diaper flung across the room so he must have done his artwork and then fell asleep. So gross! Today was our first day with temperatures in the 90s so the smell was bad!! It took some time to clean up and Charlie enjoyed an extra long shower but I was definately glad that I had a shower and wasn't stuck camping in the middle of nowhere. This is the 4th accident in the last 48 hours, I think I deserve a raise!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness.
I want to throw up.
Rather you than me girlfriend. I've had my fair share of cleans ups, not fun.

Carrie said...

Poo painting is so gross. I'm sorry you had to clean all that up. Ugh.

I would have been considering throwing it all out too... Sorry.

JacksGram said...

Actually it was the year we stayed home from the Greys River to get the Midway cabin started. We all were camped up there on our cabin site. I probably wouldn't have been able to come home all that distance by myself with 2 babies had we been at the Greys. It was that hot first week of August though! And the flies.....such memories!

TyandMar said...

Oh my goodness. I can't imagine!! You were sure a good sport about it. I would've been crying in the middle of the floor!! Boys are awesome, aren't they!! :)

jules said...

I just can't believe that - I'm sick - where did you start???? I think your side of the family has the "artistic" ones... I don't remember Adam being so creative. I'm glad you took pictures!

Derek & Heidi said...

Oh Becky, you are so patient if you took the time to document! I don't know if I would scream or cry! I have never seen anything quite like it! Bless your heart!