Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Happy Easter








 We dyed lots and lots of eggs.  Wetried tye dying, leaf dying, dribbling rubber cement on the eggs, tying rubber bands around them and temporary tatoos. The boys liked the tatoos the best. I thought they looked too Martha Stewarty and not as kid friendly as our other eggs.
 I organized a bunch of games and a big egg hunt for the branch and one of my activity day girls even had her Grandma make her an Easter Bunny costume.
 We went to the YMCA petting zoo and petted a bunny, a chicken and a tortoise.
 Lilly wearing my Minnie Mouse dress I made her. I always wanted a girl I could make dresses for and this was my first attempt. I had no pattern and it's not very complicated but it only took me about 30 minutes and I think it turned out pretty cute. And of course she has a bow to match.

 We took a quick trip to the lake. It was a little cold but the boys and I braved the tube and we had a great time.
 My little bunny
 We tried to get a perfect Easter morning shot but like most, someone's not looking and Lilly is falling over while the boys try and hold her up.
 I think Lilly looks a little like me in this picture. I know I know, everyone says she looks just like Jackson and Adam but sometimes she has a redish tint to her hair and face and I can see myself in her (or Maybe Laura because Ive seen more pictures of her when she was a baby.)
 Our good friends the Hodnetts posing by their amazing bushes in full bloom on Easter morning.



No comments: