Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Trip to Utah 2012


Me and Rex
Lilly and I flew to Utah last weekend for a fun trip to see my special friend Pumpkin seal her new baby to her sweet family and bless him. It was a magical day with a very sweet spirit. I usually never cry at weddings but this one was a 2 tissue job. So sweet. her little babys birth family is from the Marshall Islands so Pumpkin came and talked to my Grandma B and she told us all these stories about the people and the culture. It was really neat to hear some stories that I've never heard before. I was really nervouse flying with a wiggley Lilly, so I found this idea on Pinterest and we passed out candy to all those who were "lucky enough" to get to sit next to us. It helped, I think it helped break the ice and then people were willing to give us the benefit of the doubt. Plus we lucked out and Lilly got to ride in her carseat on a couple of the legs. (We had 2 layovers each way- Yuck!)
Grandma Mushy was in heaven getting to dress like twins with Lilly on Sunday.
Lilly with her Grandpas.
Lilly got to see ALL 6 of her Grandmas on this trip. Here is everyone except Grandma Julie who I don't have a picture of because I was not enough of a camera Nazi to capture our visit with Sue, Katie, Madison and Julie. I love that we got to see them though- such a fun visit.
Grandma B and the "Triplets." We have a great picture of Grandma B holding them all as infants in their matching dresses. NOw almost a year later, they were not so cooperative to being held on a lap.
Our classic picture. I need to make a collage ofall our pictures like this. We all three had boys 4 years ago and girls last year. For triplets, they don't look all that much alike.

Grandma Libbie came out to see us. That was nice-we haven't seen her in a long while.
A 4 generation Mother and daughter picture. We have one just like this we took last year. I guess I need a collage of these too.
My dad and I worked on getting a stump out of our yard in kaysville. That makes this trip a "business expense." Yay!
Lilly Loved Grandma's rocking chair.
Pink leopard Lilly and her pink lepard friend Aleah who is Dave and Chelseas daughter. We had a great visit with them at their house and they made us yummy waffles on Sunday morning.
We got to see the new City Creek Mall across from the Temple. It was beautiful but I little pricey for my pocketbook.
They even have a squishy indoor play area like the malls in Minnesota. What a GREAT idea!
Lilly did great on this trip. She handled the airplanes well, the changes of schedules and sleeping in different beds. On our way down and back we had to spend a night atLauras house so we weren't driving all night. It was a great trip. Not nearly long enough but it was wonderful to see so many of our dear family and friends. It really made me miss Utah, I can't wait till next time.

No comments: