My project this past week started when I went to this celebrating Home party and saw all the beautiful Home Decor including this painting that I just loved. Like I usually do, I thought, "hey I could make that." So I went to the store and started checking out the supplies. Luckily I stopped myself before spending $60 to recreate a painting that with their sale was only going to cost $50. So I splurged and I bought it.
When it came in, my co-workers began to tease me asking if I even had a single thing in my house that would match my new painting. I thought, "Well, no, but it would look nice in my bedroom. Maybe I can find a good bedspread that would match." I got online and I found one but it cost $90. Plus $90 more for pillows and shams. I decided to wait for my birthday and then see if I could ask for it, but I didn't want to spend that much on a bedspread.
Then, I started looking on pinterest and feeling crafty. What pushed me over the edge was that darn Joanne's mailer coupons. That is our only craft store in town and so I started invisioning making my own bedspread. It was college days so I drug my husband and his college ID along with 3 screaming kids to the mall and tried to pick out fabric and quilting supplies before all patience was gone (that lasted about 30 seconds). Nothing was on sale so I wasn't able to save that much because I forgot my 50% off coupon. Then we were down at a Walmart with fabric and I figured Walmart has cheap fabric so I bought a bunch in differnt colors because I didn't have my original paisley to match to, several of them didn't end up working for the quilt. I then found my coupon and went back to Joannes and bought the backing and returned the full price batting for some 1/2 price.
I have a baby quilt someone made me that I just love so I decided to copy it and enlarge the scale.
Stay tuned to my next project where I puchase $30 worth of materials to make $24 birthday party swords that I could have purchased at the dollar store for $1/ each....

1 comment:
If you give Becky a cookie...love it! So cute!!! And homemade birthday swords are so much cooler, though, right?
Post a Comment