Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Jack's painting disaster!



To start out Jack and Adam sanded all the bugs flat!
We decided to paint Jacks room three tones of blue. It took about a week because everything needed multiple coats. When we were on the last color we decided to let Jack participate in the painting process with extensive supervision. He liked it but we had no idea how well he was paying attention.
The next morning, I was in my room and I thought Jack was playing in his. After about 10 minutes of quiet, I heard "Mommy I need help the door" I said "Jack what are you doing?" and the reply was PAINTING. This is what I saw when I went in the room. Jack had opened the locked door, got a gallon of paint out of the closet got a screw driver from the tool box, opened the paint and dumped the whole gallon on the paint tray on top of his newly painted dresser. The dark blue paint had poured all over the dresser and onto the only portion of our light carpet that wasn't covered with plastic. Jack had used the roller and rolled on all four walls over the already completed portions and even painted the doorknob (which is why he couldn't open the door).



What a proud boy!!!
I looked around the room and all I could say was, "No" when I saw the first wall, "No" when I saw the second wall, "NO!" when I saw the dresser, and "NOOO!" when I saw the carpet under the dresser. I didn't know what to do so I picked Jack up and threw him in the tub with his clothes on and o told him to "Just wait there." Then the scrapbooker/blogger in me decided I needed to document this for future re-tellings or blackmail. 15 minutes later my good friend Mandy showed up from Oklahoma for her yearly visit. She watched Jack while I went and bought carpet cleaner. My favorite Dad came over and brought the carpet cleaner and dumped gallons and gallons of water on the carpet. Amazingly enough, most of it finally came up but there will always be a light blue tint to that corner of the room. I guess something to hold over his head in the future... :)

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

Hilarious!! Ah, this made my day. Mostly because it's not my carpet;) Although we did have a similar mishap that involved our children "making footprints" using an old but not dry paint tray. Sigh.

Amanda said...

Oops! I deleted my comment! Sorry. It was fun to spent that morning with you, even if it was a "natural disaster." Jack is going to be such a great helper once he harnesses that energy!

Unknown said...

Grandma told me what happened. Ahh! I was hoping you'd post it on your blog so I could see pictures. How funny! My boys have done some crazy things at that age too. It may not be funny now, but it'll make for one great story one day.

Sally Wood said...

And look at how proud he is! What a smart kid, I can't believe he figured out all of that on his own!

Gym Buddy Allison said...

Oh no!!! Did you get all the paint out of the carpet? Jack is getting so big!! I never knew you had a blog, I just linked to you from Charlotte's page. You guys look like your doing good, and congrats on finding out that it's a boy! I think I like "Conor", that's my vote! I'll keep checking back to see whats new!

-Allison

Derek & Heidi said...

Sounds like he keeps you on your toes! It will make for great stories when he's older :)