Tuesday, May 13, 2008
My first "I no love you"
My heart is about to break tonight after my son told me he didn't love me. At 4:00 Adam came home and we ate dinner and I had to go to work. We had been playing and having a good time but I said, "Bye Jack I love you" and he said, "No Mommy, no go work. I no love you." Adam tried to explain to him that Mommy has to work so that we can get money to buy food and tickets to ride the train (thats the only thing he understands about money since our trip to Disneyland). As I was leaving, he found a penny from his pocket ran up and handed it to me and said, "Stop! Here mommy- heres money to ride the train now you no go work." made me melt- cute but kind of sad...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
:( That's sad all right. I hate to say it, but that won't be the last time you hear it.
If I don't hear "I hate you" at least once a day I know I'm doing something wrong as a mother.
Jack Jack loves you! Don't let it break yur heart.
Ugh. I think I just might be able to sympathize...!
The other day, Timo told Dave as they were leaving the parking lot of the hospital, where I was working a 30 hour shift,
"I wish Mommy didn't have to go to work."
Ugh.
But hey...less than 2 years to go and we're done with residency!!!!
How are you, Becky? Hopefully well. So sorry we didn't get to hang out when we were in Utah. Come on out to MO anytime, if you want a little church history vaca.
Hugs,
Sarah
Thanks girls, it's good to hear that I'm not alone with this but I hope it gets easier to hear... Sara, we would love to see you, when we were in Minnesota, we almost took that vacation- we made it as far as Nauvoo. I wish we could have tagged along to disneyland- we went in Feb. it's the happiest place on earth.
Post a Comment