Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Costumes

Charlie and Daddy: The Pirate Kings

Jack didn't want to be in this picture so we climbed under the table with him.

These were our costumes for Laura's Officers Hollow party at the UofU and then we went to my parents ward's trunk or treat. I threw them together that morning; sometimes those are the best costumes, the ones you throw together last minute. It was so fun to see old faces and have other "kids" my age come back with their families.

Jack Jack and Charlie are the Incredible brothers

Flexing our muscles as the Incredible Family on Halloween. We had lots of fun visiting and Jack LOVED the dressing up part and the handing out candy and glow-sticks part. We trick or treated at the Care Center I work at and they ran out of candy, so Jack would give back his candy to the residents who would then give it back to him. He loved it, but then when he started giving back candy in our neighborhood, our neighbors thought he was weird. We all wanted to trick or treat together, so we went around our "horseshoe" and gave glowsticks to everyone we met-it was fun, won't give kids cavities and made our neighborhood a safer place- just like the Incredibles should :). I think it's so fun to dress up on Halloween and I don't mind suffering from a 2-week sugar overdose either...
As a side note, does anyone else feel like sometimes it is so much work to create happy memories and get ready to have fun that you run our of time and energy to enjoy that fun? That kind of happened on Halloween; I had my plan, things happened to alter that plan and then we ended up rushing around with no dinner in a less than happy state trying to "have fun" and "make memories." Halloween is weird because it's alot of work and anticipation for something that's very short. It starts at 6:00 and for us, ends at an extended bedtime of 8:30 or 9:00. Three hours to visit everyone, show off the cute munchkins, and do the whole trick or treating thing. I guess it's good that more of the Halloween activities are happening before the actual day of Halloween.

13 comments:

Amanda said...

You guys are super cute!

Miss you!
Mandy

Melissa said...

Ok so you were pirates for the church one and incredibles for your work one? Is that right?
How come?
I think both of them look so good man.
I love it.
Sorry it was a little exhausting but that's motherhood right? A lot of effort and little recognition for the hard work and in the end your exhausted but the kids had a good time.

Laura said...

You guys are so cute. Yeah, Halloween was a bit exhausting for me too. But it worked out to be really fun. I'm glad that I got to see you guys.

Laura said...

Those are the coolest family costumes EVER! You all look fantastic... Happy memories ARE hard but SO worth it.

auntie libby said...

thanks for coming to see us on your hectic night! loved it and love you! and btw...why didn't you get something to eat here!

Jenkins Family said...

You are honestly the funnest parents because you like to have so much fun dressing up with your children. You are both kids at heart and I think that is the best!
I was excited to see your comment, Thanks! Good to see your cute Family. Maybe we will see soon?

TyandMar said...

Cute costumes. I love that you guys dressed up with the kids. It makes it that much more fun. And yes, I agree that making memories is a TON of work, but in the end, it really is worth it.

RaShawn said...

Great costumes! It inspires me to dress up next year.

Becky said...

Becky, Adam, Jack and Charlie!!
Thanks so much for sending us the photos of Halloween. So So cute!!! We did the annual YW/YM Halloween carnival at the ward - we always host it. Next year Madison and I vowed to come down and trick or treat with you guys. Maybe I'll bring down a big pot of chili and corn bread so you can eat before the festivities..... Love the updates all the time. You guys are just the best and I love you all with everything in my heart. I think your blogs are exceptional as well as your Halloween costumes. Love you guys, mom/grandma julie
( Oh, Madison was a dragon princess and I was miss piggy...)

Becky said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments! We really are kids at heart.. or immature... not quite sure there's a difference. As for coming to old 39th ward, I asked my cousin Shianne if there was a Halloween party we could crash and she told me there's going to be a Christmas party so we're planning on crashing that one. We would love to hang out with all of you fun cool people anytime.

Derek & Heidi said...

Thanks for sharing your Halloween with us! You guys are party-animals! I can't believe you have time and energy to have 2 sets of costumes for your family of 4! You are a super mom! We had so much fun, let's get together again soon!

Lisa said...

Way Cute Becky! Holidays are so much fun--thanks for sharing your fun with us!

WIKKY said...

Wow... two sets of costumes is alot of work. You totally pulled it off. What a cute theme, loving the Incredibles and Jack Jack (perfect!)
Glad you enjoyed Halloween!