Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas is magical

The other day I was listening to 106.5 the christmas station when I heard, "Where are you Christmas? Why can't I find you?....." I started thinking about it and thought that Christmas is right here right now. This is Jack's first real Christmas. He is excited about Rudolf and Santa Claus and can kind of understand how fun it is to make and give gifts. To give you fair warning, we decided to make most of our presents this year and have had so much fun. Now Jack asks me everyday if we can do a craft. Silly Mommy. Christmas is so magical with Jack this year and he tells me everyday that he wants to go on the Polar Express and when I tell him we don't have tickets, he says, "Just look in your pocket." Jack beleives in magic and it makes the season magical for me. This is one of the great reasons to have kids. I get to relive the magic with Jack. I love Christmas.

Family Christmas Party in matching sweaters. We're so cheesy. Jack sang his first solo in a microphone in front of everybody- Rudolph of course. He didn't even get stage fright- so much for that performance anxiety his music teacher thinks he has just because he won't sing ba ba ba ba into her stick ;)

Jack was a pretty good shepherd watching over baby Jesus. That is until the program went long and he decided to swing on the curtains and trip the wise men. Oh well, so it wasn't the greatest Christmas pageant ever.


Charlie stole the show as baby Jesus. He was perfect, he laughed and smiled when Mary and the angels rubbed there little hands all over him and the best part was that he couldn't roll or crawl away. That really ruins the picture when baby Jesus stands up and walks away.

At his pre-school party, Jack received exactly what he wanted a Transformer. He was almost the last of all the kids and each time the Elf went to call a name, Jack would say, "Oh me me, please pick me." When it was finally his turn Santa thanked him for being so patient and let him shake the Santa bells.

Our family commemorated in Gingerbread Men: Daddy, Mommy, Jack & Charlie- they didn't last too long.

Frosting cookies at Jack's school.


One of our many creations: Jack painted these for his teachers and Grandmas. He squeezed so much paint in each one, a few took over a week to dry.

My Grandma Smith is pretty cool. She has been planningour family party for months and she made all her Granddaughters and Great-grandaughters aprons and gave us all a poem about Grandma's apron. She also made pajama pants for the boys and 2 I-spy quilts, and organized service projects and a future quilt project. She is recovering from a fall a few weeks ago that left her with black eyes, but she looked great to me!