It is gorgeous here! Every time I look outside I can almost hear the song, "Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland." It's like looking out into a snowglobe with the sun shining on all of those millions of perfect little snowflakes. And the snow is always pretty because instead of shoveling it into a big dirty heap on the side of the road like they do in Utah, they plow in into the middle, shoot it up into a dumptruck, and haul it away! We don't go to the playground anymore, like we still could this time of year when we lived in South Carolina, but Meishe's getting pretty good at snowboarding--plus, if the kids aren't getting out of the car I don't even have to put their coats on, because we have a heated garage! I'm such a lucky girl! So when are you going to come and visit?
I'm so sorry I neglected to wish you a Happy Birthday last night. Just too much to be thinking about for mty old brain. But, of course, you know that the party was partly in your honor and I am so happy to have you in our family and hope you didn't mind sharing your birthday with us. Love Grandma Smith
4 comments:
now ya got me missing Alaska!
It is gorgeous here! Every time I look outside I can almost hear the song, "Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland." It's like looking out into a snowglobe with the sun shining on all of those millions of perfect little snowflakes. And the snow is always pretty because instead of shoveling it into a big dirty heap on the side of the road like they do in Utah, they plow in into the middle, shoot it up into a dumptruck, and haul it away! We don't go to the playground anymore, like we still could this time of year when we lived in South Carolina, but Meishe's getting pretty good at snowboarding--plus, if the kids aren't getting out of the car I don't even have to put their coats on, because we have a heated garage! I'm such a lucky girl! So when are you going to come and visit?
So it's sad that I'm now old enough to say it's been about 2 decades since I've seen this! However, it was Josh's first time and he liked the music.
I'm so sorry I neglected to wish you a Happy Birthday last night. Just too much to be thinking about for mty old brain. But, of course, you know that the party was partly in your honor and I am so happy to have you in our family and hope you didn't mind sharing your birthday with us. Love Grandma Smith
Post a Comment