Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Love Day

Happy Valentines Day!!

Adam gave a talk this morning and mentioned how I love holidays. I do. I think I got it from my Mom or maybe I just never grew up past 4th grade. On St. Patricks day, I like to dye all our breakfast foods green, and on Valentines Day, Red. I start thinking about holidays weeks in advance so that I can keep an eye out for deals on surprises and fun stuff. We have family traditions that I treasure and try to continue even when we are far from home. This year, we couldn't wait so we had dinner the night before, opened gifts and spent the night playing Jack's or (I mean Daddy's) Star Wars Legos game and watching the new Celtic Women DVD.

Today, we had a yummy crab dinner. It wasn't Joes Crab Shack, but it was the next best thing... I love how our kids enjoy food. We went out Friday night with a P.T. we are "woeing" and Jack ordered steak and brocoli- and they brought it to him- a kids meal with steak and brocoli. Fun crazy kids- Charlie was loving the Crabby and especially the dipping it in the butter part. Adam gave a great talk today on the Love of God and I gave a lesson about Where your treasure is there shall your heart be also. What a great dinner and a great day. Happy love day.

2 comments:

JacksGram said...

Funny thing, Dad and I had crab for valentines dinner too but I didn't color his milk red this year. Sure do miss the kids and all of you! Glad you are keeping up the traditions! Tell Jack I thought about him while I was eating crab!!!
Glad you had a nice day!

Chelsea said...

You guys always know how to make the holidays fun! We lit our candles on the table and Josh loves to have FIRE on while we eat! :)