Laura is here!! We went to the lake and took her shopping so she could see a new city. It's going to be fun- she brought her turtle Fluffy and Jack is in heaven. He loves to feed Fluffy and Fluffy likes to follow his fingers around and sometimes he falls back on his back and does the backstroke. It's an adjustment to have another person in our house (no more walking around in our underwear.. not that we would hmmm...) Adam got the new Star Wars lego game and now Jack is obsessed with it. we've had to limit him to a half hour a day and we usually get a fit when we turn it off. Any suggestions?? I'm working like crazy and they are still trying to get me an assistant but sometimes with as much work as I have I slip and write the wrong date on a paper or something. My boss asked me to come in and talk to him on Friday and I got all nervous thinking that I might get fired because of my "errors." I guess with my job history and Adam's recent job history, I don't trust employers all that much- especially in this econnomy and especially in this city. But it turns out that instead of getting fired I was getting a raise- go figure...
Funny how life is sometimes, if you think things are fine, something just might be going wrong right under your nose, but if things are not going your way, you just might be doing O.K.
4 comments:
Yeah! Bout time for some good luck with jobs huh! Congratulations! I know the feeling though.......About 2 days after I got a big major award for being a most influential teacher, I got a letter in the mail hand addressed from the district......I was sure it was telling me they no longer needed me......not so as it turned out....but it is this economy that has us all so paranoid!
About Jacks Star Wars obsession.....I asked him on the phone today if he was enjoying his starwars good guys and bad guys that I had sent and he rattled off the names of at least 20 or so starwars characters that he had (I only sent 4) Can't believe his memory..... oh well, there are worse things he could be obsessed with!
Good news Becky.
Yay for you!
Good old paranoia--keeps us on our bloody toes!
Post a Comment