Tuesday, October 28, 2008

New reasons to blog

I have increased my blogging this month for two reasons:


1. I found out you can turn your blog into a book using sites like blurb which is way cool, because that was holding me back. I thought that if I was going to spend time writing about events and posting pictures, then I should scrapbook so I'd have a hard copy. By blogging about it and printing it into a book, I will be able to do way more journaling, and it will be like a journal and a scrapbook (both of which I have struggled to do regularly). So that is very motivating to me- and SO much easier than getting all the scrapbook stuff out.


2. My friends from my old ward in Bountiful found me and I started reading their blogs and found out about posting links as blogs rather than links, and then you can list what time friends post and the name of their post, which lets me see at a glance, who has something new to say, rather than randomly checking for updates. It also tells me the title of their post and i can guess if it's something that looks interesting to me... ;) I've been surprised how many people update almost daily and I've found that there really is something to say every day (like a journal) and it's just too addicting to find out all this fun stuff about my friends and family. (And I want to keep myself near the top so that's more motivation to keep posting).


So yeah, Adam says I'm addicted to blogging now, and maybe it's just a trend, but I'm having fun and for a semi-stay at home Mom, it helps me feel connected.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the fact that I can make my blog into a book. Love it.
I love that I am keeping a great journal and I love that I can keep in contact with all my friends so when I see them it's like we've been hanging out.
Dru says I'm addicted too.
Oh well.
I'm trying to cut down.

Fisher Family said...

Blogging into a book? That's just what I was looking for!
Thanks

Maricela said...

I really like the fact that this is an electronic scrapbook really and my family can look at it as well.

Derek & Heidi said...

Hope we get to see you guys tomorrow at our Halloween party! Just an FYI, our building is locking the doors at 6pm to "keep unwanted persons out" or so they say...so call us when you get here and we'll come let you in! 208-206-9770

kura2025 said...

I love blogging but it's too much sometimes to blog and journal so I love the idea of turning them into a book! -Emma