Some of these tag things are interesting but I don't know about this one (here goes)
10 years ago I ...
1. Moved into an apartment with 5 other girls and started living on my own (aka buying sugar cereal for the first time- because I could)
2. Failed my first chemistry class (failed being a C+ but since it was not an A, it ruined my GPA so I ended up repeating it) It was at 7:30 am and after my gym class- what was I thinking? oh yeah, I was a freshman)
3. I did what I swore I would never do and dated, broke up with and re-dated Mr. wrong (seriously girls, if it doesn't work out it's not gonna)
4. Played water polo for USU and went to Oregon for the first time
5. Drove a CJ5 Jeep with a soft top in 0 degree Logan weather
5 Things on today's "to do" list...(since the days half over, I've already been to work)
I rarely have more than one or two things on my half to list. That's the biggest thing Ive learned after having Jack: Set a goal for getting one or two things done, and everything else is just bonus- then I don't feel bad if I don't get everything done.
1. Go to SDRC and work out, then Jack's swim lessons, then swim with jack and Charlie
2. Take kids to Library Halloween story time
3. Find, buy or make something edible
4. Pump- I got home and Adam had given Charlie a bottle. I hate pumping.
5. put kids in bed and relax by checking my friends blogs. :)
5 things I would do if I were a millionaire...
1. Buy a house with a swimming pool and start investing
2. Travel and do service in 3rd world countries (and pay for Laura to come to)
3. Buy an airplane so we could live somewhere remote and Adam could fly us places to visit with friends and family
4. Go to Europe—heck, live in Europe! (Mandy, aren't we still hopin'?)
5. Set up retirement funds for my parents and education funds for the kids and then take everyone on a cruise (I know that's more than 5 but I have a lot on my someday when we're rich list)
5 places I have lived...
1. Bountiful, Utah
2. Logan, Utah
3. Santiago, Pichilemu, SanBernardo, La Bandera, Chile
4. Burnsville, Minnesota
5. Kaysville, Utah
5 jobs I have had...
1. swimming teacher/ Life Guard (every summer for like 9 years)
2. food cooker, life guard, teacher of mammal studies, astronomy, and archery merit badges and one of seven girls at Bear Lake Boy Scout Camp
3. temp secretary at HK systems
4. waitress at Chevy's (after my mission all I wanted to do was speak Spanish- I tried Chile's for obvious reasons but they weren't hiring)
5. Occupational Therapist
5 things I'm good at
1. Keeping Jack and Charlie alive this long
2. I love water-polo, swimming, volleyball, singing
3. Going to the gym and desiring to wake up early (like training for triathlons)
4. feeding my children (although I sometimes forget to feed myself, well, and sometimes Jack but then he reminds me- o.k. i guess that's not a talent.)
5. I try and do everything which ends up with me being o.k. at a lot of things but not really great at any one thing- but maybe its a talent of mine to juggle a crazy schedule and try and make special memories for my family (and then blog or scrapbook about them so I have proof for the future)
I tag... Laura, Chelsea, Libby, Maricela, and anyone else who reads and wants to do this!
5 comments:
Very interesting tidbits of info. I want to take swim lessons so that I can do a triathalon. Afer I did my marathon I thought that would be a fun new goal, perhaps you recomend a teacher. It was fun to see your face pop up on my blog. I hope all is going well for you and your family.
Sorry, I didn't proof read.
After
perhaps you could recomend
sorry.
I think tags are great cause it helps us to get to know each other better you know.
I've done this one and it was great cause it made me really think.
I agree with Melissa about tags...they are a good way to get to know each other better.
I want to live in Europe too and have a jet so I can fly to where ever I want, whenever.
Love this list: working out is definitely a bonus on that 2 things a day is a successful day list!
For working out w/ a baby, I've found a few things that have made a big difference.
1. I have to count calories. I keep track online or use a list on the side of my fridge. Doesn't matter how much you work out, nurse, whatever, if you're eating more than you're burning
2. slings! My baby, honestly, pumps iron with me. I'm a total hilarious joke: I lift weights with her stuck to the front of me, ride the recumbent bike, speed walking, weight machines, really anything that won't jar her or doesn't require me to lie on my back. It's a lot like working out pregnant. If she falls asleep I will put her down on the floor wrapped up in her sling. I have a ring sling, and an Asian Baby Carrier fabric front pack thing that is great.
3. Working out w/ my husband. At first I hated it, we were not motivated. Then one day it clicked that we complain we don't have enough time for each other, and I started thinking of it as our daily date. We were back working out at 2 weeks postpartum, and now at 12 weeks we're still going strong! And I've lost 15 more pounds.
You can do it! If you had good habits before, be creative and you'll be able to keep up with those. Good luck!
Post a Comment