Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin's Coming Home



This post is to honor one of my best friends who I call Pumpkin. She took these pictures of Charlie and has been such a great supportive friend even when my happiness of having Charlie only reminded her of her trials with infertility. I was so excited for her when she found out that there was a possible birth mother waiting for her. She and her husband have been married for 7 years and are one of the most devoted, loving, funny couples that I know. Pumpkin loves her nieces and nephews and friends children unconditionally. I know it must have been hard for her because she mentioned feeling like everyone around her was pregnant even some teenagers who didn't really want to be. Pumpkin is flying home today with her brand new baby boy and I couldn't be happier for her. It makes me giddy inside and I just think about it and smile. She is going to be the best Mommy ever! Pumpkin, you have been so respectful and positive about the birth mothers circumstances, thinking of small thoughtful gifts and ways to show her love and support that would have never occurred to me. You are such a good example to me. Thank you!

It's so fun that your baby will have an October birthday, since it is your month- the month of the pumpkin. I'll look forward to lots of fun pumpkin-themed birthday parties...

Pumpkin and blurry-faced Charlie


































No comments: