Sunday, October 5, 2008

Goodbye Summer and Welcome Fall


Goodbye Summer, we have enjoyed you. When you arrived, I was hot, miserable, and about 35 pounds larger. We had some fun adventures getting to know this corner of the world and making new friends. Summer, you have been filled with potty-training experiments (many which have failed, but we push on...) The most important thing you gave us was a six pound bundle of joy that has filled a hole in our lives that we didn't know was there. Although you were filled with sleepless nights, stressful jobs and too many diapers to count, you will be missed. Thank you Summer 2008 for giving us Charlie and teaching us how important and supportive our family is and how much we love and need each other.

Welcome Fall. I know that officially the first day of Fall is around my birthday (like Sept. 21) but I feel like with the change in weather and the beginning of October, that NOW Fall has officially arrived. I now officially have permission to decorate my house with orange spooky spider-web lights and let Jack try on all the Halloween costumes that I've been collecting since before he was born (including princess dresses but don't tell Adam). :) We have already enjoyed your beauty, taking family photos in the mountains with the changing leaves. We have been enjoying the spoils of your harvest as my Mom's canning projects had taken over every spare inch of her kitchen and dining area. We look forward to picking Jack's special pumpkin "Max" and participating in the Great Pumpkin contest. Welcome Fall, make yourself comfortable and I'm sure we'll share even more great memories together.

2 comments:

Laura said...

We make a great family, don't we?

Chelsea said...

I am so impressed at how your photoshop skills are coming along. You are doing a great job! Wahoo!!