Sunday, October 5, 2008
Thank you for a Wonderful General Conference
I love General Conference. Today I explained to Jack that we can watch the Prophet of God who talks to Heavenly Father and then tells us what we need to know to be happy. Jack said he wanted to look like a prophet so we combed his hair (he rarely has his hair combed and he looked kind of like a REALLY young Joseph Smith). My favorite talk was President Monsons on Sunday morning. It is something that I have to keep learning over and over and over and over.... To find joy in the journey. I find that I tend to always look to the future and I am always wondering what will come next and even when I am trying to live life to it's fullest, I think about what fun thing we can go and do or see and explore. Sometimes I get frustrated that Jack's not moving fast enough and I feel like getting both Jack and his shoes in the car and getting Charlie fed and in the car are an incredible superhuman feat. Thank you for the reminder to slow down and enjoy the little moments, to not stress over the messy rooms full of toys and dirty fingerprints and to enjoy life for what it is now and not what it will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so glad you enjoyed G.C.! I did too - in fact I'm re-listening to some of it right now. (Hard to catch it all with 3 screaming yahoos) I too enjoyed Pres. Monson's gentle reminder to enjoy our children while they are young.
PS> Ostivgs are moving to Washington DC at the end of this month!!
Amen! I wish my kids were that interested in conference.... Very good advice, I loved that talk too!
I enjoyed President Monson's talk as well. Thanks so much for letting me spend the weekend with you. I love your guys!
Post a Comment